Run by the SciFi and Fantasy Book Club on GoodReads.
“Welcome, adventurers! This year will be our wildest yet, with storms, foreign lands, and strange customs! And I’m not just talking about a visit to Roshar! Who will take the challenge and sail through our bookshelf this year?
Pledge as many as you like (12 is recommended, and you need 25 a year if you want to make a “dent” in the shelf!) and tell us about your travels!
For an additional challenge, see how many books off the shelf you can read in the first 80 days of 2021! (That’s March 22.) It’ll be here before we know it, so, fill up on hot air (or borrow some from the mods 😉 ) and take flight!
To see how many group books you have and haven’t read, go here.”
I will be keeping track on the challenge’s Goodreads shelf as well as here. I’m aiming for 12! But will continue with further books if I do read them. 25 is the suggested book club count.
- The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge (Completed January 25th)
- The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins (Completed January 6th)
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick (Completed April 8th)
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers (Completed May 27th)
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown (Completed April 12th)
- The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle (Completed April 5th)
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie (Completed April 2nd)
- Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. (Completed April 6th)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (Completed April 3rd)
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman (Completed May 5th)
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. le Guin (Completed May 29th)
- Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant (Completed May 11th)
- Dune by Frank Herbert (Completed on March 19th)
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman (Completed June 17th)
- Old Man’s War by John Scalzi (Completed June 7th)
- Neuromancer by William Gibson (Completed June 14th)
- Kindred by Octavia E. Butler (Completed June 28th)