Challenge Guidelines: (copied from their site)
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2021 until December 31, 2021.
- Anyone can enter. You don’t have to have a blog just as long as you review your books somewhere: on your blog if you have one, Amazon, Goodreads, etc.
- Any genre, length, or format is acceptable as long as it is the last book in a series where all books in the series have been published and no more books are currently intended to be published in the series. If an author makes a decision somewhere during the year to add on to the series, we will count both the original last book in the series and the “new last” book in the series assuming the author isn’t going to write more than one additional book. Last book published in a series doesn’t count if more books are expected to be published.
- You can list your series enders ahead of time, but this is not required. If you decide to list them up front, feel free to change them throughout the year as necessary.
- When you sign up in the linky, please use the direct link to your post about joining the 2021 Series Enders Reading Challenge. If you don’t have a blog, please post about it on Facebook or Twitter and include that direct link as your sign up.
- You can sign up until December 15, 2021. This allows you to join the challenge at any time during the year.
- On the 25th of every month, we will post a wrap up on both Somewhere Only We Know and Words Fueled by Love with a linky for you to link up your reviews for the month. The monthly giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up (ex. From January 25th to February 25th). For each link to a review, you will get an (1) entry into a drawing for that giveaway. This will be open internationally. Please link each review separately as each link in the monthly wrap up linky acts as an entry in both the monthly giveaway and the grand prize giveaway at the end of the year.
- Monthly giveaway prizes will be an e-gift card of your choice up to $5 (USD) from Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. While the challenge and giveaways are open internationally, please make sure that you can receive e-gift cards via Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. We want to make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to participate and to receive the prizes. Please remember that Holly and I are funding the giveaways out of our own pockets as something that we want to do, and we would like to continue to do so.
- If you miss a wrap-up post and giveaway, you can link your review the next month. Please do not try to link to one review twice. We will be verifying these.
- December will be the wrap up for the entire year. All reviews linked from January through December will be entered into a Grand Prize giveaway. Also due to Christmas, the December wrap up will post on December 23rd and will be open until January 23rd.
- You don’t have to follow Somewhere Only We Know or Words Fueled by Love to participate in the challenge, but you do have to follow both of us in order to be entered in the giveaways.
- Please make sure we have a valid email address or other means of contacting you if you choose to participate. Linking up to Goodreads is perfectly fine, but we have found that Goodreads is not a reliable source for contacting someone should you be selected as one of the monthly giveaway winners. This could be due to your Goodreads notification settings or Goodreads themselves could be at fault. We’re not sure which. And since we want to make sure that everyone who is eligible for one of the giveaways will receive their prize should they win one month or the grand prize at the end of the year, it is up to you to ensure that we can contact you and that you respond within a reasonable amount of time (usually stated in the email notifying you of your winning).
Levels: (how many series enders you are planning to read)
Level 1: 1 – 5
Level 2: 5 – 10
Level 3: 10 – 15
Level 4: 15+
= COMPLETE! (4 series enders read!) But still adding more. Level attained currently: 1.
I’ll be aiming for Level 1, but hopefully more!….
- Series: Abhorsen/The Old Kingdom by Garth Nix
- Series ender: Goldenhand
- Series: The Expanse by James S.A. Corey
- Series ender: Leviathan Falls (Oct 28 release date
- Series: Night’s Dawn by Peter F. Hamilton
- Series ender: The Naked God
- Completed May 11th
- Series: Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant
- Series ender: Blackout
- Completed July 20th
- Series: Xenogenesis by Octavia E. Butler
- Series ender: Imago
- Completed May 31st
- Series: Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson
- Series ender: Blue Mars
- Series: Tiamat (duology) by Joan D. Vinge
- Series ender: The Summer Queen
- Series: Rolling in the Deep (duology) by Mira Grant
- Series ender: Into the Drowning Deep
- Completed May 1st
- Series ender:
- Series ender: